Saturday, 9 August 2008

Lamb lovers...

There are recipes which we think we will never forget..or it is in our blood..:-) But today, I woke up in the morning and missed the lamb dishes that I used to cook while I was in NZ..hmm..I remember, I learned about it from Tisha (well, I never heard from her for ages...never met her since I return home...)..We never know/ give this dish any name..The taste is more like vindaloo, but with a certain Indian flavour...














Well, in the first place I simply did not remember anything about the recipe. Somehow, when I went to wet market, I sort of manage to guess what I usually put inside..To ensure I will never forget about it, let me share the recipe here..

First, cut lamb into curry pieces..If too large then it will take ages to cook it properly..marinate the lamb with fennel powder (jintan manis), curry powder, soy source, and oyster source. Also add in some blended onions..To get a better taste, do marinate it for 2-3 hours before cook it.














Sautee some onions, garlic, cinnamon stick in vegetable oil (tumis)....Add in diced tomato is an
antioxidant which is good for our body...For me I just simply like its soury taste..




























The best thing, we can just simply pour the marinated lamb, and leave it....not much to do, just wait until it dry, add in some sugar and salt...that's about it...














Hmmm...guess how long does it take to get product like this? I fall asleep while I was cooking, luckily it's still ok hahahaha...enough to imagine how long did it take to dry the gravy.I would say it took almost like rendang. Quite common when we cook meat, the juice from the meat itself was quite a lot..So, don't put too much water...Make sure the gravy becomes thick like we see in mamak restaurant..



















For me I like to have roti canai with it-that's my lunch today...Of course it's nice with rice as well..
Economy wise, if we go to mamak restaurant, it will cost us RM5++ / person to have this meal..I bought a kg of lamb for RM14, which should be enough for at least 5 persons...Anyway, I love to cook my own meal...

5 comments:

Zaidah M said...

sedapnyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. cicah roti prata sedap wooo....

Anonymous said...

Wah, ada resepi pulak!!
Mcm terbau2 'kari' lamb ni!!:-D
Awat tak ajak rmh? hehhehe
Sori, lama tak menjengah.
Bz,bz,bz OBE, EUM, bla2x.
Btw, kenal tak Salwa Saleh,
sama uni dgn u masa kat Auckland?
Kebetulan happened to be the bride of my adik angkat.
Mentioned yr name and dia kirim salam.

kayron said...

nak dtg umah cakap la..you are most welcome...:-) kenal Salwa tu, also heard she got married, but never expect world is too small..pusing2 jumpa org yg dikenali...

My life also too hectic..nak buat camna kan sendiri pilih...well, if I don't go to France, I probably become too free 2nd half of the semester...am finishing course work dah ni..

Zaidah,
MMg best makan ngan roti prata Kawan tu....wah...I miss my old life....

Anonymous said...

Yup, what a small world is it.
Hectic tu la yg bagus.
Grab everything that u could b4 being 'tied' :-D
Nantila bila2 free nak jugak menjenguk ke rmh.
Sekrg ni bz dgn mcm2.

Btw, parata Kawan?
Hmm..seems familiar to me too!:-D

Ely said...

Huhu... ko mesti lamb kat sini kan?.. :)