Thursday, 21 August 2008

License NOT to get married..:-)

wahh...Good title eh? Of course I do have a story behind that statement...:-)
Today I attended MoU & MoA signing ceremony. Most top guns from my uni attended the ceremony...After the ceremony while waiting for lunch, the only lady DVC came to talk to us. Of course she knew me since I attended several meetings with her before. Moreover, I'm supposed to work in her pet research centre once I come back from specialty training. And I'm also the only woman in that project...that's about the intro..

When she saw me, the fisrt question she asked was why I did not attend the the previous signing ceremony..Of course I had good excuse..Then, I told her we are supposed to leave for Paris next Monday..I just can't believe her next sentense...hahahaha..."Make sure you do not get married for the next 3 years" hahahaha..In the first place, everybody was laughing when she said so because most of them thought it was a joke. As for myself, I knew her very well...She meant it! She in fact repeated the reminder to my dean and explain that I was just simply not allowed to screw up..well, if I screw up, then the uni also screw up...I said to my dean, ok, now at least I have 'license' not to get married for the next 3 years hahaahaha.. after negotiations with my colleagues, she reduced the term to 2 years. If I want to get married she ask me to write in first hahahaha...

It's not a news to me..she always imposed that kind of regulation when she hire somebody..not to get married for 3 years or at least not to get pregnant for the said period..hahaha..Some people do work like there is no tomorrow...:-) you can't beat them, join them..



















4 comments:

Zaidah M said...

is the lady DVC married? i hope she is hehe.

tapi sedih sekarang, marriage is now being thrown around as jokes. and the fact that she makes the statement shows how UNSUPPORTIVE is the work environment in Malaysia of maintaining a balanced career life. i do believe it is possible to be successful in career as well as your LIFE :)

all the best Kayron.

Bon Voyage. Don't forget my ferragamo handbags :D

Anonymous said...

yes, she is happily married...don't ask how...hehehehe...

I always believe, normally we have to choose which one is our main priority. Having said that I also believe some people are able to grab all, but most of us just simply ...sigh...

Anonymous said...

Wah, nak fly dah ke?
All the best!
Went to her briefing this morning, and I have to agree that she's really serious with her words!!
Bet that one day you'll be as established and well-recognised person as her.
By the way, enjoy your days in the city of love!!
Wish I could spread my wings as far as you!:-)

kayron said...

kz,
well, this lady always serious with her words..I have no intention to be like her hahaha...I have my own life to live..

Thanks for the well wishes.