Sunday, 31 August 2008

MERDEKA yang MALAP..dan Selamat Berpuasa...

Is it just me or others also feel the same?? I seriously think the 51st merdeka is the most malap/ mandom, quiet, not happening etc compared to as long as I can remember...Merdeka month this year did not get fully support from the rakyat. I barely saw 1 flag out of 100 cars passed by including my car. Sometimes I wonder, why??? For me it was just nothing to celebrate...

Last night I went for dinner with my brother. I saw quite a few mat rempits carrying Jalur Gemilang. I wonder, was it really Merdeka spirit?? Also several kids cycled with flags..Did they really know what Merdeka is? Did they really appreciate merdeka? When I came back, I waited for Merdeka countdown. Like I said before, the most 'malap' merdeka celebration. Nothing really impressing although they showed merdeka celebration in Padang Merdeka, KLCC and Bukit Bintang..The worst part was they sang so many NEW songs that never registered in my head. Felt like foreign languages to me. In fact all ministers including 'flip-flop' did not know the lyrics..hahahaha...harapkan mulut je terkumat kumit...hahaha..During Mahathir era, all the songs were played continously in TV and radio since early August. By 31st August everybody used to it..














I wish everybody happy Merdeka...like one advertisement said 'FREE your mind, body will follow' hehehe...

In the spirit of the coming Ramadan, I wish everybody 'Selamat Berpuasa and Maaf Zahir Batin'.

No comments: