Sunday, 2 November 2008

Update..

I just got internet connection at my apt this evening. Well, not really mine though, actually I kind of share with my neighbor-using his wireless account. Somehow, my old landlord just simply don't know how to get re-connection to landline, internet and cable TV. Thank God at least he arranged something for me so that I can do my usual business at home :-) If you know what I mean...

Life here getting harder each day. Work wise, so many things to learn and easily make mistake during lab work. A simple mistake sometimes very annoying-no turning back but to repeat all over again. Nextweek I have to work with mice serum yarghhhh...I'm a material researcher, I never thought one day I have to touch those kind of things. I hate the smell..I simply hate touching living cells...hehehe...

Weather here getting colder each day. Few days ago, the temperature was about 3C from morning to evening...not even winter yet! My surviving rate getting better but I found it's hard to leave here compared to English speaking country. Although I managed to do grocerries shopping, mostly using sign language..hahaha..To buy canned food in supermarket also not that easy, I simply find it difficult to read the ingredients. How do I know/remember all terms in French??Surprisingly, lots of food contains beef or pork flavour including pasta source. Really have to be careful before buying food. To date, I remember quite a few French words in order to help me during shopping.

Wet weather this weekend. I wish I can visit museums tomorrow because of free entrance every first Sunday of the month. Not that I'm into free ride or something but I already paid almost 3 months allowances to the landlord and the agent. We are still waiting for the company to review our allowances and reimburse some settlement allowances, which God knows how long we have to wait..For me the current allowance is enough for me to live comfortably here (not JPA rate).

No comments: