Thursday, 12 June 2008

City of love...

Update 14 June 2008:

Yes...I got the offer from the company! :-) If VC approve, insyaallah I'm going to the city of love in August for a year...Of course I'm not that sure this is the right decision, for now, what choice do I have? simply want to go out of 'kepompong'....

p/s: Also means I have successfully 'jual minyak'...hahahaha


Original post 13 June 2008:

After a 'good reading' over the weekend, I managed to 'jual minyak' in both telephone interview sessions..If people asked me last week about the project, future of it, definitely I could not comment on it..hahaha...But I guess, being a lecturer of course we are trained to 'goreng'...and I hope it did sound 'intellectual'...hahaha..not 'tong kosong' I hope hahahaha...Do I really care if I get it or not?? Big question there...In a way, it means I have to stick with what I'm doing now..And those who bothering me will be around me for the rest of my career...hehehe...The good thing, I can be much better in what I' doing now...In conclusion, it doesn't really matter...Just hope God will give me what is the best for me and my future...

My opinion on telephone interview is it can be difficult hahahha..In the first interview, it was quite ok because 1-1 communication, and with technical people. We spoke more or less the same language..hahaha..In the second interview, a group of interviewers comprised of various races...Imagine..when we have to listen to telephone conversation using speaker....very difficult! The good thing about telephone interview, people cannot judge your appearance, body language etc..Moreover, you can have notes, journals, book in front of you..hahahaha...I should join telemarketing...

Here is part of the txt message from one of the interviewer...

'I think the interview went very well. You presented yourself very very well..the team really liked you and from Laurent's email (first interviewer), he does too...'

Ahaks....I guess, from the txt, I did not sound stupid during interviews...Of course with the help of VP...hahahaha..They already interviewed 20++ PhD holders for 1 post, so if I don't get it, I'm a normal person..hahaha..If I get it, then I'm abnormal....whatever it is, life goes on...

2 comments:

Zaidah M said...

congrats mademoiselle!! now you can eat french bread and french fries everyday. and have french braids on your hair. so i guess you're not coming in December lah? buy me a ferragamo handbag, s'il vous plait? :)

Anonymous said...

YES!! Dah jumpa dah!!
Hehehe..bukanlah rahsia lagi blog ni!!:-D
~deskmate induksi~