Thursday, 16 August 2007

Killer lecturer..hehehe

This semester I have to teach the semicon fab subject which I never touch for the past 10 years (am I that old??) :-))...Student feedback after second week is the most interesting hehehe

-Of course not directly to my face. A friend of mine had discussion with a few final yr students about final year project. They asked permission fr their supervisor to leave early to attend a class or else the lecturer will close the door. Of course the supervisor asked who was the lecturer, and she did list down all the 'nightmare' lecturers e.g. Prof Z, Dr A, etc..hehehe...she was surprised when they mentioned my name hahaha-I wasn't surprised though!

In the beginning of the class I already told them what are my expectations. Why should I tolerate 10 minutes late when I can make 10 minutes early? Why can't I bombarded them with quizzes, exercises, assignments and group discussion when I know those were the right things to do to make them study ?..hehehe...If I have to award them even 5% marks, I'll make sure they deserve it. There's no such thing as 'FREE marks' in my class...hahahha...up to now, I have heaps of things to mark from my weekly quiz, group exercise and group project hahaha...Now, I guess most of them pay attention in class because the question may come out anytime. That's life....

No comments: