Saturday, 25 May 2013

Homegrown vege

Homegrown vegetable is also in my activities. i have more than enough vege for the whole week grown at home only. Why? After I experimenting for my kebun i realise we better grow our own food. There are too many ambiguous activities in vege planting.

To have nice vege, we need well organically modified soil, lots of water and fertiliser. The sticky point, where are this organic fertiliser come from? Animal or plant based ? Really questionable..water also how clean is the water? From where? Mixed with what? Hmm..fertiliser is another story. Vege needs fertiliser at least once a week. Made of what? How did they prepare it? Pesticide is something a must for farmers. This is something I reluctant to do and as a consequence I had wasted lots of premature vegetables..hmm..I try to control it organically but too slow. 

At least if we plant out own vege at home we have sufficient time to see is there any insects or not. We do not need pesticides. Although if we might need we know safe time we can eat it..as of today I have kangkung, kucai, spinach, marilyn salad and basil..


Bayam merah- ready to eat in 3 weeks. Planted in polystyrene box (free from
Lab)

Salad marilyn. Haven't tried this. But looks so yummy and fresh..

Will go for 1 week outstation tomorrow. I hope when I come back all still survive. I need time to do auto irrigation system..

No comments: