Tuesday, 11 March 2008

another media twist...

Well, mainstream media are irrelevant anymore (or never relevant??...) Look at this Bernama news about what Mukhriz said..and how media twist his speech and said Mukhriz give his full support to sleeping PM...what a dumb media....I was watching news when I heard this media twist..hello..he actually called the PM to decide wisely ...It is a clear message from rakyat..Even if they place a doll to contest with BN candidate, people still vote for the doll...

BUTTERWORTH, March 10 (Bernama) -- Umno Youth executive committee member Datuk Mukhriz Tun Mahathir today expressed his full support for Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to lead the nation as Prime Minister.

"I will support any action that will gain confidence towards the prime minister," Mukhriz, who is also MP for Jerlun, said at a packed news conference.

He said this amid rumours that he had called for a news conference to call for the resignation of the prime minister following Barisan Nasionals shocking defeat in the just-ended general election.

Some 500 people, including Umno Youth leaders from the northern zone, attended the news conference which was scheduled to be held at Sunway Hotel but was later moved to Pearl View Hotel.

"The SMS is not true that I'm calling for someone's resignation.

I know there were SMS going round stating that I would do so. I'm not sure who was the culprit behind it," he said. "I 've been receiving many calls and SMS expressing many views.

What is apparent to me is that there is a sense of loss among Umno and Barisan Nasional members because it has been an unmitigated situation that we are faced with, unprecedented in many ways.

"We have never lost that many states, so it is a wake-up call definitely," said Mukhriz.

He said the just-ended general election showed that the people wanted their voices heard, and it was very clear, and he appealed to the leadership to listen to the peoples wishes and take correct initiatives to remedy the situation.

"We have to accept the peoples choice and this has been a humbling experience.

"Personally my friends and I understand the feelings of the people and at the same time, we are very confident that all efforts will be made to return the rakyat's confidence in the BN government.

At this moment, we appeal to all parties to remain calm and to remain rational," said Mukhriz.

"We are appealing to the top leadership to take cognizance of the peoples wish. We see perhaps some change, I cant say for sure what kind of change," he said.

Mukhriz also expressed confidence that Barisan Nasional, particularly Umno, will use its own party machinery and party process to take remedial action to return peoples confidence in the party.

Asked whether the prime minister should take personal responsibility for the BNs defeat in the election, he said: "I think all of us have to take responsibility.

"I think the voice of the people has been heard in many different forums. Sometimes we are not listening. So I think the message now is extremely clear, there is no clearer message than the results of the last election," he said.

On whether the people have confidence in Abdullah's leadership, he said: "We will always have confidence in the leadership. Its really now up to PM to decide what changes to be made."

On the dissatisfaction of the people, he said Barisan Nasional had not been addressing the real issues that "are close to the hearts of the people.

"We may know what the problems are but we are not providing the right solution. I think the message is now very clear and I believe the government that will be formed will be the one that's going to take heed of the people's wishes," he said.

"You can make drastic changes but whether that helps in gaining the confidence of the people, that's another matter. So what is important is that eventually, BN can come back in full swing in the next election. That's the whole intention actually."

He hoped that these issues would be discussed at Umno meetings at all levels, and that appropriate and acceptable measures could be taken.

"I think we have our own way of solving this kind of situation. We understand that after losing five states, it is not a small matter but at the same time, we feel happy that BN has control at the federal level.

Asked on the sudden change of venue for the news conference, he said he felt there was some tension at the earlier venue, and he wanted to be sure order was maintained.

"The reason we wanted to do this press conference is to state our opinion and not to cause any discomfort or chaos.

It has never been my intention in any way to insult any one's intelligence.

"What I'm trying to do today is to appeal for calm that eventually some sense will prevail and as I said, we will make the right decision," he said.

Earlier, a foreign wire reported that Mukhriz was calling a news conference to call for Abdullah to step down as prime minister.

2 comments:

the enigmatic syaf said...

yeah a doll wud have won given the current political situation, in Kedah kat DUN Bukit Selambau calon bebas pun bleh kalahkan BN. Kalau aku jadi calon bebas aku rasa aku pun bleh menang hahaahhahah..

Anonymous said...

well, what 'they' don't want to admit: people vote BN out NOT vote PKR, PAS or DAP in...even if the sleeping PM contest in my hometown with tunggul, the tunggul definitely win...we vote him out..