
When I wrote previous post on from Grey to slightly blue, few friends came back to me sort of accused me for did not have a firm stand on Malaysian politics. I did not explain much in that post since I guess most of my friends already attended BTN course. Yesterday, I read an article in The Star "Don’t lose voice in Cabinet, Chinese advised"
Let's go back to history....First, let me lay down several statistics for parliament ..
- In 1994 election BN won 164: UMNO = 92, BN component= 72
- 1999: BN won 148: UMNO = 72, BN components= 76
- 2004: BN won 199: UMNO = 110, BN component = 89
With the existence of internet or blog in particular, I would say the popularity of BN, UMNO in particular is dropping...however, I still believe Chinese are smart enough to still vote for BN because they don't want to lose voice in cabinet. If, BN cannot get 2/3 majority in this coming election, they will lose voice to make policy...in other word, those in power can easily change policy...so, let us imagine if UMNO keep losing popularity..definitely, all those BN components will slash all policies including 9th National Economy Plan. We should expect very limited opportunity for our future generation especially in education, economy etc....
I realise so many JAWS in UMNO, but do we have choice? Let us combine sits won by PAS and Keadilan. 1999= 32, 2004 = 7. Not even half of the contested sits. Total sits they contested (not won) did not even reach 50% of the total sits. There's no way they can reach 2/3 majority to become decision maker in the coming election...
Up to us to choose...get rid of the JAWS up there..or let's gamble our 'young generation" future...politicians are politicians...they are full of shit...hahahaha...even me, I don't think I want to vote for "Mr Sleeping beauty"...talk a lot but work less...Those who talk much don't listen and don't think! with cronies around him, I believe either he win or not he will definitely 'sell' the country..I quite like an article about "The emperor with no clothes..."
No comments:
Post a Comment